Actolind® w Solution is a ready-to-use, clear, colorless and odorless wound irrigation solution with Polyhexanide as active substance and Poloxamer as auxiliary substance.
It is used for mechanical cleaning, irrigation and moisturizing of acute, chronic and infected wounds, as well as 1st and 2nd degree burns. It can be applied directly to the wound area, or it can be used by applying on a gauze or bandage as a medical device.
Cleaning and moisturizing
As long as there are no systemic diseases, wounds usually heal on their own provided they are kept clean and moist. Air contact, but also contamination and dehydration of wound lead to the growth of various microorganisms. Actolind® w Solution cleans and moisturizes the wound, creates a protective film layer that isolates the wound surface from the outside environment. The space between the wound surface and wound compresses is filled in by Actolind® w Solution and serves for faster wound healing by stabilizing the wound. In addition, Actolind® w Solution prevents the dressing from adhering to the wound and the exclusion of air prevents the growth of microorganisms.
Wound coverings consist of cell and tissue debris, necrotic tissue, but also wound exudates and other constituents that lead to the formation of biofilms. Actolind® w Solution is used to irrigate the wound to remove just those ingredients that prevent wound healing.
Use in dressing change
Medical devices, such as bandages, gauze, absorbent materials, compresses, etc., can adhere to the wound and cause secondary wounds thereafter infection. Before the dressings and bandages are changed, they should be soaked with Actolind® w Solution. Due to the moisturizing and cleansing agents in the product composition, the bandage is removed from the wound without causing tissue irritation or tissue damage.
• Actolind® w Solution is used to wash and irrigate the wound before applying a bandage
• Actolind® w Solution is suitable to wash and moisten the wound with a bandage.
• Actolind® w Solution is used for moistens and decontaminates dressings, gauzes and compresses that have dried and adhere to the wound.
• Actolind® w Solution provides gently changes of dressing materials without ripping the wound and prolonging the healing process
Actolind® w Solution is suitable for the following wound types:
• Acute wounds (traumatic wounds as a result of cuts, blisters, abrasions, bruises, bites and stab wounds or surgical wounds)
• Chronic wounds (diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers, bed (pressure) wounds, etc.)
• Thermal or chemical burns and injuries (1st and 2nd degree burns, chemical burns, etc.)
• Wounds as a result of electric current
• Radiation wounds
• Insertion sites of urological catheters
• Stoma care; cleaning, irrigation and moistening of fistula and abscess
Actolind® w Solution chemical components: 1% Poloxamer, Polyhexanide (PHMB), and auxiliary substances
• From the hygienic point of view, disposable products are used to prevent the passage of microorganisms to the patient, but especially to minimize the exposure of pathogens to medical personnel. The use of disposable products prevents cross infection between patients as these products are discarded after a single use on one patient.
• As the importance of complying with health regulations in the world increases, the use of disposable products has become increasingly popular.
• Monodose products are the best choice for hygiene as they are personalized for medical officials and users.
• It provides usage of correct dosage and prevents excessive consumption of the product.