Actolind® w Gel is a ready-to-use, clear, colorless and odorless gel. It is ready to use. It contains polyhexanide as active substance and poloxamer as auxiliary substance.
Actolind® w Gel is used for the mechanical cleaning and moisturizing of chronic and infected wounds, also 1st and 2nd degree burns and helps to accelerate the healing. It can be applied directly to the wound area, or it can be applied on a gauze or bandage as a medical device.
Cleaning and moisturizing
Actolind® w Gel cleans and moisturizes the wound surface. It stays on the wound surface and prevents an acute wound from becoming a chronic wound through dehydration, contamination or air contact.
Actolind® w Gel protects the from external influences by forming a thin protective layer on the wound surface. It fills the gap between wound surface and wound dressing and thus increases the effectiveness of the dressing but also prevents the adhesion of the dressing material to the wound.
• Actolind® w Gel keeps the wound clean and moist and stabilizes the wound as a wound filler
• Actolind®w Gel ensures a simple dressing change and prevents a renewed rupture of the wound and thus a prolonged healing process
Actolind® w Gel is suitable for the following wound types:
• Chronic wounds (diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers, pressure sore, etc.)
• Thermal or chemical wounds (e.g. 1st and 2nd degree burns, chemical burns, etc.)
• Wounds as a result of electric current
• Radiation wounds
Evaluation of biocompatibility:
Irritation (ISO 10993-10 Biocompatibility Test Report)
Cytotoxicity (ISO 10993-5 Biocompatibility Test Report)
Sensitivity (ISO 10993-10 Biocompatibility Test Report)